- Presently, the Bureau continues to support construction and delivery of the Project 22350 ships.
The State Trials of the Project 22350 Admiral of the Soviet Navy Gorshkov are being conducted. The first serial Admiral of the Navy Kasatonov frigate is being outfitted at the Severnaya Verf Shipyard.
Works on the project started at the Severnoye DB in 2003. The lead ship was laid down in February 2006, the first serial ship, in November 2009. The Project 22350 frigates became the first large surface combatants laid down at Russian shipyards after the collapse of the USSR.
The Project 22350 multipurpose frigate is fitted with the most state-of-the-art integrated complexes and weapon systems and provides high-efficiency solution of a wide range of combat tasks. During ship’s designing, stealth technology features were widely implemented providing reduction of physical fields, and, consequently, ship’s signature within the corresponding ranges. The ship is equipped with high-performance radar, optical-electronic systems of air and surface situation display, powerful sonars, CMS of the last generation, modern integrated EW, jamming and communication systems. The air complex provides helicopter and AVCAT stock arrangement. The ship is fitted with high-efficiency diesel-gas-turbine propulsion plant. The MPP, electrical power system, general ship’s systems control is provided by an integrated technical aids control system fitted with data exchange system being an element of the ship’s integrated control system. During ship’s designing, special attention was paid to the issues of personnel accommodation and habitability. The seakeeping capabilities of the frigate provide her service in any area of the world ocean, but firstly, the ship is designed for the Northern Fleet. As to their basic characteristics and combat capabilities, modern Project 22350 multipurpose frigates are not inferior, and by some features superior to similar foreign ships and provide substantial enforcement of surface combatant groups.
- In 2006, the Bureau concluded a contract with the Yantar Shipyard on development of Project 11356 frigates for the Russian Navy.
Two ships, the Admiral Grigorovich and the Admiral Essen, were delivered to the Russian Black Sea Fleet in 2016. The third ship, “Admiral Makarov”, was delivered to the Russian Navy in December, 2017.
Vertical launcher designed for Kalibr strike missiles and antiship missiles makes the core of the frigate strike weapon.
Also, the ship is armed with 100mm multipurpose automatic gun mount, Shtil-1 system, two six barrel 30mm AK-630M mounts. Antisubmarine and antitorpedo weapons feature two torpedo tubes and antisubmarine rocket launcher. The ship was made with the use of stealth technology. Also, measures on reducing acoustic signature and NBCD measures were implemented. One of the ship’s advantages is her main propulsion plant. The MPP consists of four gas-turbines, but it is designed in such a way that the ship may run with only one gas-turbine operation. Thus, MPP’s efficiency is achieved and its service life is increased.
In 2016, 2017 the Admiral Grigorovich and Admiral Essen frigates successfully carried out the combat task in Syria.
- The Project 22160 Patrol Ship is a brand new project which is being implemented for the Russian Navy at Zelenodolsk Plant named after Gorky. Six ships were laid down, construction of a series of six units is planned. This is the first Russian ship designed with the use of a modular weapon concept. A part of weapons on ship are mounted at the stage of construction and do not change within the whole service life. Areas and space volumes which can be used for additional weapon arrangement during repair or upgrading are reserved. Besides, there are special places for removed modules of various purposes which can be replaced during operation depending on the tasks to be solved. Dimensions of modules are specially selected for dimensions of standard marine containers. The most varied equipment and weapons can be installed in them, including strike missiles, medical modules, anti-mine systems, diving systems and other.
The Project 22160 ships are distinguished by their endurance and seakeeping capabilities. Helicopter hangar and AVCAT stock are arranged.
- At the Almaz Shipyard, St. Petersburg, and the Vostochnaya Verf Shipyard, Vladivostok, the Project 22460 Patrol Ship serial construction continues. The design has been developed by the Severnoye DB. Ship’s weapon consists of one 30mm AK-306 gun mount and two 12.7mm Kord machine guns.
One of the main features of the design is a helo deck for Ka-226 light helicopter or helicopter-type UAV arranged in the aft part of the ship. Here, a multipurpose hangar with aft slip is also arranged for placing special equipment and fast RIBs. An important advantage of the Project 22460 ships is high level of automation. The ship is equipped with a modern integrated control system that provides substantial reduction of the personnel number. During ship’s designing, a feasibility to use her in various regions of the world was provided, that’s why the Rubin might operate both in equatorial waters, and in thin and broken ice. The design of her steel hull guarantees solution of a task set even after collision with another ship.
The Rubin class ships performed excellently during the hardest trials in course of several service years.
- In accordance with the State Defense Order, the Severnoye DB continues to support upgrading of the Project 11442 M Admiral Nakhimov Heavy Nuclear-Powered Cruiser.